Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Occupational Hazards of Parenting..... #22 Date Night... or lack thereof.

I'll make this short and sweet...

The date is 12.10.14.   11 years ago today, I walked into a local bar.   I knew that I was going to meet someone there.   We had "known" each other for a few years...... virtually.   We had never met face to face.  Without getting into that crazy (yet pretty entertaining) story, we had made arrangements to hang out while friends of mine hung out for our typical Wednesday karaoke antics.

It was supposed to be a typical night.  It was just a bunch of friends hanging out and singing songs.

I walked in, saw him sitting at the end of the bar, and walked right by him as if I had no idea.   I found my friends at the other end of the bar and then he found us.   We hung out... he drank Coors light (huh????)....we sang karaoke.  He sang "A brand new man" by Brooks and Dunn and most likely a song or 2 by Huey Lewis.   I sang my typical Joan Jett jam, "I love Rock and Roll."

We had a good time.

We hung out a few times in the next few weeks.... I like karaoke...



Our first big date was backstage/front row Brooks and Dunn.



We have since worked several different jobs, lived in a few different places, and purchased more cars than most people purchase in a lifetime.  I couldn't even find all of the cars.....trucks...vans...





We got hitched and had 2 kids.....




We have had a year of struggles and surgeries and nonsense.  We average less than 1 date per year. Between normal hubbub of life and everything we've had to deal with recently, shit's insane.  It's time to go back to a simpler time....at least for a few hours.

I heard this song last year.... She could have been writing it about me.   We met on a Wednesday, in a Cafe (The Lucky Dog Cafe).... I think she could substitute Jimmy Buffett or Michael Bolton for James Taylor though....


I probably enjoy 12.10 more than our actual wedding anniversary for 2 reasons:
  • I hate weddings
  • If we didn't meet, we would have never gotten married
In honor of 12/10/03, I'll meet you at the Lucky Dog tomorrow night @ 10 PM....   Thanks to our cousin who will make sure the monsters don't burn the place down.   

Have a drink ready for me.  I won't walk past you this time......Cheers.  I love you.  



P.S. - This was supposed to be even cooler, but because no one within a 300 mile radius has a USB cable to get things off of my old hard drive, I had to improvise.

1 comment:

  1. My Tummy stocks high quality maternity clothing made in Europe. They have a great range of comfy but stylish pregnancy trousers, dresses and tops as well as breastfeeding dresses and tops. The pregnancy t shirts and tank tops in particular are great as they have fun and unique designs on the bump. All the pregnancy and breastfeeding clothes have delicate zippers and are free of harmful substances that can cause allergies. The tops and bottoms also go up to size XXL for ladies with very big bumps! In addition the clothing comfortably grows as you grow so you don't have to worry about garments not fitting in a month or two. My Tummy are wonderful to find sophisticated clothing that is suitable for days out, work or evening wear with comfort and practicality in mind.

    ReplyDelete